Ah yes, winter is finally here. We’re beginning to see snow in the mountains, have probably been to a few tree lightings already and hear live Christmas music playing at South Coast Plaza. This means it’s time to whip out those UGGs, sip on a Pumpkin Spice latte, and throw on our favorite snuggie by the fire while we enjoy those cold, crisp days and nights! But before we immerse ourselves completely in that warm daydream, keep in mind that winter can also bring dryness causing uncomfortable, flaky skin. We’ve come up with five top ways to avoid getting dry skin during winter:
- Switch To a Richer Moisturizer – Extra dryness calls for switching to a deeper, ultra-rich moisturizer that can keep your skin powerfully hydrated all day giving you that fresh “glow” look. Try Power Lift by Hydropeptide. This ultra-rich moisturizer blends anti-aging peptides with four different types of hydration. Apply day and night for best results.
- Add a Face Mask to Your Skin Regimen – Adding a facial mask to your skin regimen at least once a week will infuse the skin with a cocktail of glow-boosting ingredients that instantly lifts lines, deeply hydrates, and beautifully brightens. Applying a weekly mask will also help to rejuvenate and resurface your facial skin by removing any dead, dry skin. Get the Glow Team HydroGel Mask Set: line lifting, hydrating, and brightening masks for the eyes, face, neck & décolleté.
- Buy Skin Care Products With Hyaluronic Acid – Sounds scary, but it secretly holds the key to smooth, flawless and hydrated skin.
Just a single gram of Hyaluronic Acid has the impressive ability to hold up to six (yep, six) liters of water. Add to that, a super smart ability to regulate that moisture within the cells, so as not to drown them and you’ve got one genius ingredient.
- Month Facials With a Chemical Peel – Adding a professional facial that includes a peel once a month to your skin care routine can significantly improve the texture and tone of your skin. An Anti-Wrinkle facial at Newport Body Works & More includes a peel that blends apple stem cell technology with exfoliating peptides that improve skin tone, resurface dull and rough complexions, increase hydration and reduce wrinkles.
- Apply Lip Balm Daily – Don’t forget the lips! Dryness affects the lips arguably more than any other part of the face. Skin can get flaky and (believe it or not) our lips can get fine lines and wrinkles. Not every lip balm is the same. It’s worth investing in a lip balm that will protect, nourish, hydrate and includes at least a 15 SPF.